CIB’17 – IV INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON BRAND(ING):
NEW DEVELOPMENTS TO INDIVIDUAL AND COLLECTIVE WELL-BEING
Call for Papers
We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the IV International Congress on Brand(ing) entitled New Developments to Individual and Collective Well-Being hosted by the Polytechnic of Leiria. This is a co-organization of Polytechnic of Leiria (Portugal), University of Univates, Lajeado RS (Brazil) and Intenational Brand Observatory.
The event will be held on the 28th-30th September 2017 in Leiria, at School of Technology and Management, Polythecnic of Leiria, Portugal.
New Developments to Individual and Collective Well-being aims to promote international interaction and discussion among academics, researchers and professionals interested in the relevance of brands and communication to the world of business, institutions, places, people and artifacts. Accordingly, the conference will cover different disciplines such as communication studies, cultural studies, linguistics, semiotics, sociology, geography, design, marketing, management, accounting, law.
Presentations on the following themes are especially welcome:
• Brand identity
• Brand management
• Brand evaluation
• Brand tendencies
• Brand and advertising in different media
• The impact of multimodal technologies on corporate/institutional communication through brands
• Brand and genre variation across cultures
• The evolution of brands in a historical perspective
• Brand and global/localisation
• Brand discourse and ideology
• Web-mediated brands and emerging genres
• The semiotics of computer-mediated communication (e.g. language, image and sound)
• Analytical instruments in multimodal theory
• Corporate image building through the brand (logo)
• Applied neuroscience to brands
• Branding and corporate philanthropy
• Brand and law
The CIB’17 consists of two type of session:
Plenary sessions: Invited speakers (academics and professionals) will address issues of major interest for the congress attendees (50 minutes slots with 10 minutes for questions and answers).
General sessions: Submissions for a number of panels on the more specific themes outlined above. Contributions from academics, researchers, practitioners (study cases) are welcome. Paper sessions follow the format of presentation and discussion (20 minutes slot followed by 10 minutes for questions/discussion).
Official Languages: English, Portuguese
The official languages of the congress are English and Portuguese. However, proposals can be sent and be presented in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French. Please, submit your proposal according to the following submission guidelines.